Provides telecommunication support to the Department of Defense global mission. Works directly with government and contractor team leadership, field engineers, ISP NOCs and Cisco and Juniper Technical Assistance Centers to provide telecommunication service to customers worldwide. Provides Tier II escalation support, routing and switching escalation support, and engineering support for Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP), VOIP, and other converged services. Remotely accesses and configures Cisco Call-managers, Voice Gateways, Switches and Firewalls located worldwide. Ensures all enterprise Unified Capabilities network comprising of Cisco and Juniper equipment is fully functional by daily checks of systems and log reports. Provides consultation for dial plans design, cluster design, Call Manager implementation, and BGP, IGP, IP Multicast, VLAN, capacity planning, and Quality of Service (QoS) design, configuration and implementation.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Candidate needs to have a strong desire to become an expert, authority in discipline.
- Knowledge of IP routing and switched network topologies.
- Experience working with Cisco and/or Juniper equipment to include call managers.
- Understanding of Voice telecommunications technology to include VOIP
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification which is a GSEC, Security+(CE), SSCP, Cisco-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED certification.
- Understanding of VPN technology Preferred Skills and Education – ITIL V3 certification.
- Cisco and/or Juniper certification(s)
- Wireless Access (WIFI and/or Cellular) technology experience
- Crypto experience
- Remedy TMS experience
- Government contracting experience About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top