Technology Development Manager - RF EW Mission Systems
- Burlington, MA
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
This Technology Development Manager position is focused on the FAST Labs RF EW and Advanced Electronics Mission Systems - Airborne portfolio of programs and technologies. In addition to leading teams of multi-discipline engineers and scientists to execute on existing programs, the expectation of this role is to capture future contracts and build relationships with new customers. These programs are ultimately interested in transitioning their cutting edge technologies to military platforms requiring the candidate to understand existing Airborne capabilities and how best to make that transfer occur.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Leads design, development, and implementation of novel and state-of-the-art solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experience in DoD proposal submissions and the overall capture process.
- Defines, proposes, and leads independent research and development.
- Collaborates with internal/external customers to align projects for eventual transition.
- Works directly with customers to define new concepts, articulate value of those concepts, and builds new programs to develop these concepts.
- Expected to have a new business objective to bid and win significant opportunities.
- Experienced in multi-function RF and/or multi-spectral technologies.
- Experienced in EW, communications, radar, and/or signal/image processing technology.
An active US Top Secret clearance is required. Applicant must be able to obtain a SCI clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in technical leadership for a project and being the technical face to the customer.
- Experience in guiding teams to execute complex research plans regularly involving systems, mechanical, electrical, firmware, and software engineering.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top