Technology Development Manager - Multimodal Fusion
BAE Systems is looking for a Technology Development Manager II to Capture Business in Multimodal Fusion. In this role, you will lead cutting-edge image and video exploitation research impacting real-world problems to keep our country safe!
Who we are:
The BAE Systems' Video, Image, and Spectral eXploitation (VISX) directorate is a leading multidisciplinary R&D department dedicated to meeting critical U.S. military needs. VISX is the video and image processing R&D engine for all of BAE Systems North America, yet it runs more like a boutique firm. It's the best of both worlds--combining a small-company feel, in a research laboratory setting, with access to a large company's technology transition paths, customer base, and other resources. VISX executes a variety of scientific and engineering R&D efforts for the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Intelligence Community (IC). Join us for amazing R&D challenges and work on revolutionary video and image exploitation technology that makes a direct real-world impact.
What we offer:
• Exciting video and image exploitation research
• Exceptional teammates
• Opportunities to learn and grow
• A fun workplace, excellent benefits, and every other Friday off
Focus on the following technologies:
Multimodal Fusion of Imaging and Video Sources
- Image, video, and spectral processing leveraging multiple sensor types (e.g.,EO, IR, Hyperspectral)
- Association of video with text
- Object recognition
- EO, IR, SAR, Hyperspectral phenomenology
- Integrated circuit design understanding through imaging
- Tomography using a variety of sensor types
- Registration of outputs from multiple modalities
- Relevant mission understanding
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Technology Development Manager II to work all phases - business capture, proposal development, program execution, research lead, people management- of cutting edge multimodal fusion R&D efforts.Primary emphasis on the development of new and existing customer relationships at DARPA, AFRL, and the IC in areas relating to multimodal fusion and other video/image exploitation applications. Additionally you will:
• Generate ideas for potential proposals and be responsible for leading proposals
• Design, develop, execute, and implement research projects involving complex sub-systems often involving multiple disciplines.
• Investigate the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to complex algorithms and potential products
• Contribute to and/or co-author external publications (conference papers /presentations, journal articles, and /or books).
• Provide project management reporting and documentation
• Manage project tasks (resource allocation and scheduling) for small/medium groups (1-10)
• Participate in external project interactions with other companies
This position can be based out of our Burlington, MA, Arlington, VA or Reston,VA facilities, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Ph.D. degree and 10 years' experience, Master's degree and 13 years or Bachelor's degree and 15 years is required
Demonstrated experience cultivating relationships with new and existing customers interested in multimodal fusion, including:
- Introductory discussions to establish customer interest in a research topic
- Shaping to influence the structure of new program starts
- Generation of customer-focused abstracts, white papers and proposals
- Ability to work with internal and external collaborators to form a winning team
Technically knowledgeable in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Video, image, and/or spectral exploitation
- Computer vision
- Automatic target recognition
- Machine learning
Eligible for a SECRET clearance.
Experience with software prototype development tools such as MATLAB or Python
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Education: MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Preferred Skills : Capability in the following areas is also desirable:
- Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Software engineering with OOP paradigms (e.g., C/C++ or Java)
- Scripting language (e.g., Python, Perl, Ruby, or Lua)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information
technology solutions and customer support and services.
Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the
effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition,
analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal
weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics.
Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government
research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting.
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability,
or any other protected class.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top