Technician IV Mech
Structure Mechanic/ Sheet Metal Mechanic- Performs skilled work to accomplish Modification, Intermediate sheet metal repairs and intermediate replacements of structural parts. Fabricate replacement covering, panels, or fairings when required by using Technical drawing/ blueprints or removed parts as samples. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Fabricate and assemble detail parts and assemblies by following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, or written and oral instructions.
- Inspects structural and mechanical components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Assemble aircraft parts and assemblies using various hand tools, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment using jigs and fixtures when required.
- Able to set up and operate fabrication equipment such as press brakes, shears, hydroform presses, X-Y punch presses, roll formers and notching equipment.
- Check completed and in process work for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Experience repairing sheet, extruded, or other structural parts of aircraft according to design specifications using hand tools, power tools, and metalworking machinery.
- Drills, reams, and countersinks holes in subassemblies, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fastens subassemblies into structural assembly.
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Read maintenance manuals or technical data to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
Works from, and assists in the development of, engineering drawings. Works independently, with minimal supervision.
Performs installation and troubleshooting of various mechanical systems on to various military and FAA fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Perform mechanical sub-assembly fabrication.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top