Technician IV El
- Summerville, SC
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Repairs, troubleshoots, modifies and installs various types of electronic equipment such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment (e.g., radio, television, telecommunication, network), personal computers, industrial, measuring, and controlling equipment.
Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skill in restoring equipment operation as well as recommends changes to simplify assembly and maintenance.
Applies basic technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions. Performs such tasks as replacing components, wiring circuits, repairing electronic equipment and taking test readings using common instruments such as digital multimeters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
Operates tools and/or machinery to produce a variety of parts or modify, fabricate and build equipment and subassemblies.
May interact with configuration and testing personnel during and after system power up. Performs trouble shooting to isolate issues that may include, but are not limited to, power electronic component level (circuit board/card), customer supplied and commercial-off-the-shelf chassis components, switches, relays, data connectivity and cabling.
Modifies, fabricates and builds equipment and subassemblies working from layout diagrams, schematics, wire prints and verbal instructions. Aligns and joins parts into housing using hand and power tools.
Installs components and parts on chassis, circuit boards, panels and other units using power tools, hand tools and soldering equipment. Routes and attaches wires and connectors and connects assembly with power supply sources.
Wires various wire cable assemblies to inside and outside chassis. Assembles and attaches functional and cosmetic hardware such as caps, clamps and knobs using hand and power tools.
Installs finished assemblies and subassemblies in cases or cabinets.
Mounts equipment in cabinets or on shelves in vehicles, ships and test beds using detailed work instructions.
Uses visual aids, drawings, verbal and written instructions to prepare assemblies that conform to specifications.
Performs other related tasking as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
• Ability to acquire and maintain US government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC) should it be required by the position
• Ability to acquire and maintain corporate credit card should it be required by the position
• Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience integrating and troubleshooting electronics and communications equipment in military applications.
• Experience integrating and troubleshooting equipment and electrical/electronic systems related to physical security applications.
• Experience integrating commercial-off-the-shelf components and assemblies, including but not limited to, electronics cabinets and enclosures, terminating power cable, and custom routing of cables within cabinets and between enclosures.
• Experience fabricating electromechanical components, including but not limited to, the following items: metal cutting and drilling, routing and terminating hook-up wire, mounting terminal blocks, routing and terminating Ethernet cables, BNC connections, routing and harnessing "supplied with equipment" and terminated cables, and component assembly at the shelf level.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top