Technical Writer (Process Control Procedure)
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyard is hiring a Process Control Procedure (PCP) Writer in our Engineering Department. The candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager. The candidate will also interact with the other team members within our company such as program management team members (Finance, Ship Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Craft Managers, Safety, and Quality Dept.), employees and other customers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user/service manuals, programming manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specs and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- Develops Process Control Procedures during the planning phase to be included with the Proposal IAW NAVSEA Standard Item 009-09
- Interacts and incorporates inputs from BAE Engineers into the technical aspect of the PCP
- Submit PCP to Government for review and makes corrections as necessary
- Ensures PCP are approved and are submitted to Planning and Estimating prior to the proposal
- Single Point of Contact for development, submittal and retaining PCPs
- Continually updates the PCP library as changes to technical instructions are made
- Provide Work Certification support IAW NAVSEA Standard items 009-04
- Provide support for compartment closeout by tracking compartment discrepancies.
- Ensure that requirements of the safety handbook are properly followed and enforced.
- Perform similar, incidental and other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must be able to work from 6am to 2:30pm M-F and overtime as needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights to complete the job or inspections
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Education
- 2 Years’ experience in Ship Repair Quality Assurance
- Navy Nuclear Training
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top