Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW !
We are seeking to hire a Technical Writer. In this role the individual will collect and organize information required for preparation of deliverables, reports, communications materials, and any other required documents. Job includes both writing and content generation, as well as editing documents. This is not a Tech Editor position.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
5 years technical writing experience with BA/BS degree
The candidate is expected to have experience with gathering data from analysts and other stakeholders to create technical documentation for mission partners. In addition:
- Researches, organizes, writes, edits and produces data for use in a wide variety of complex technical publications for mission products.
- Ability to consolidate technical inputs and analyses, and produce a logical understandable document.
- Must understand and perform content management functions such as document organization using SharePoint and other central stores for documentation.
- Strong in document editing, structure and logic flow for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Writing examples are required if selected for interview.
- TS SCI level clearance with appropriate poly required.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top