- Reston, VA
Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our team in Reston, Virginia. You will perform a variety of tasks related to producing and editing technical documents and technical procedure manuals. Your primary duty will be writing System Security Plans and associated content. You will also coordinate production and distribution schedules, timely distribution of replacement documents conduct quality checks, and attend customer meetings.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- At least 10 years' experience writing technical documentation including security documentation such as a System Security Plan, Control Implementation Summary, Incident Response Plan, or Continuity Plan
- Has strong editorial and proofreading skills
- Has solid communication skills
- Has experience in documentation/word processing systems
- Has the ability to perform documentation coordination and production activities with specific attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to coordinate with all staff levels and across all departments to produce timely, high quality documentation
- Has flexibility in dealing with changing priorities
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top