Technical Targeting Officer - Principal
BAE Systems is seeking Technical Targeting Officers to support a client's operational requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the Washington Metropolitan Area. The positions requires an active clearance with Polygraph. There is no exception to the clearance requirement. Successful candidates will work well in team environments and will be capable of operating independently with minimal supervision. Candidates must effectively interact with customer personnel at all levels within the customer organization. The positions require prior experience in supporting HUMINT and technical operations and familiarity with the Intelligence Community and its objectives.
Qualified individuals will identify targeting leads through the exploitation of databases and create targeting packages; monitor field cable/email traffic for leads; read and process intelligence reports, and collaborate with various components and field elements.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree (An additional 5 years of related experience may be substituted for education)
- Applicable technical targeting experience 7+ years
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong analytic, critical thinking, and research skills
- Experience drafting cables and other documentation
- Knowledge of advanced technologies including next generation telecommunications systems and targeting tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of the IC and other US Government agencies within the national security community
- Customer-specific tradecraft certification (applicable for certain levels)
- Advanced degree or related experience (preferred to be in area of expertise)
- Knowledge of operational tools and methodologies used in the IC
- Overseas experience supporting HUMINT and/or technical collection intelligence operations
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top