Technical Project Manager, AWS, Part Time
- Reston, VA
Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We value trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to drive our projects to completion. You will work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our team in the Reston, Virginia area, however at this time the positions will be remote with the ability to got to the office as needed. This results oriented leader will have a disciplined process management skillset, strong technical acumen, and experience driving cross-organizational issues and projects to resolution. You will be the primary liaison between the customer and the vendor. THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION, BUT MUST OCCASIONALLY TRAVEL LOCAL IN THE DMV, LIKELY RESTON, VA.
- Utilize timelines to effectively track action items and deliverables and ensure on-target delivery
- Proactively anticipate roadblocks and escalate risks to timelines to appropriate leadership
- Lead effort to attain security authorization from the sponsor agency
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Regularly prepare materials and present program status updates to both customer teams and senior management teams.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- At least 10+ years of experience in program management, delivering enterprise-class software and at least 5 years of experience delivering SaaS solutions
- Experience establishing and maintaining authority to operate in compliance with security controls based on NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, and/or Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirement Guide (SRG)
- Ability to manage a team to achieve outcomes, including analyzing workflows and set priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to recruit, select, compensate, train, manage, motivate, and develop employees.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external individuals
- Experience making system-level decisions regarding technical approach or design, resource allocations, and schedule constraints.
- Conducts effective meetings, discussions, and presentations
- Practices and contributes to corporate and team culture
- Skilled in understanding, selecting, motivating, influencing, evaluating, and developing people in achieving goals through leadership, team-building, and teamwork.
- Ability to accommodate change
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top