Technical Project Manager
- Reston, VA
Join BAE Systems Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who solves some of the world's most complex challenges. We promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We value trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to drive our projects to completion. You will work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our team in the Reston, Virginia area. This results oriented leader will have a disciplined process management skillset, strong technical acumen, and experience driving cross-organizational issues and projects to resolution. You will be the primary liaison between the customer and the vendor.
- Utilize timelines to effectively track action items and deliverables and ensure on-target delivery
- Proactively anticipate roadblocks and escalate risks to timelines to appropriate leadership
- Lead effort to attain security authorization from the sponsor agency
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Regularly prepare materials and present program status updates to both customer teams and senior management teams.
- At least 15 years of experience in program management, delivering enterprise-class software and at least 5 years of experience delivering SaaS solutions
- Experience establishing and maintaining authority to operate in compliance with security controls based on NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, and/or Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirement Guide (SRG)
- Ability to manage a team to achieve outcomes, including analyzing workflows and set priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to recruit, select, compensate, train, manage, motivate, and develop employees.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external individuals
- Experience making system-level decisions regarding technical approach or design, resource allocations, and schedule constraints.
- Conducts effective meetings, discussions, and presentations
- Practices and contributes to corporate and team culture
- Skilled in understanding, selecting, motivating, influencing, evaluating, and developing people in achieving goals through leadership, team-building, and teamwork.
- Ability to accommodate change
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top