Technical Lead for Data Management Project
Experienced lead for a multidiscipline technical team responsible for software and infrastructure development associated with Factory Test Data Management improvement project. This project seeks to increase the connectivity of Test Equipment and Enterprise Data Systems to achieve automated data collection and information sharing in support of data driven decisions. The lead will manage a highly-visible project which will enhance BAE factories. The lead will participate in software design activities and software system validation and will work collaboratively with other leads in the realization of this project.
Work collaboratively with a team of senior professionals to shape and realize data automation goals. Communicate ideas, progress, and status to managers and stakeholders through meetings and presentations. Organize and facilitate stakeholder feedback through meetings and interviews Assist with prioritization of project capabilities to achieve incremental working baselines. Support the development of a master schedule with clear work scope and mile stones. Lead individuals in task comprehension and planning while working to eliminate roadblocks. Participate in day to day tactical decisions to optimize contributor efforts. Serve as a feedback conduit to influence and inform the ITE organization’s technical roadmap.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Familiarity with data bases and data repository designs and terminology
- Prior Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) experience.
- Prior experience leading small technical engineering teams (3 – 6 people)
- Proficiency with Gantt charts and the use of MS Project
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage people
- Ability to self-start and self-direct in the presence of unknowns and shifting priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability
- Able to articulate and advocate for strategy, vision, and value to managers and stakeholders
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to provide and accept constructive feedback
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance
- Proficiency using MS Office tools
Preferred Skills and Education
- Understands Configuration Management and Quality Controls principles
- Skilled in software development and software development processes (coding skills helpful)
- Skilled in databases and database development processes (data mining and analysis skills helpful)
- Skilled in organizing and presenting data (business intelligence, dashboard design and visualizations helpful)
- Skilled in quantitative analysis and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint or similar web-based collaboration tools
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top