Technical Lead - Data Engineer
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Seurity Sector and be part of a diverse and enthusiastic team who solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are searching for a creative Data Engineer to lead a team supporting a classified customer.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a talented team in researching and developing statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand customer needs and devise solutions
- Implement new statistical and other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- TS/ISSA with lifestyle polygraph required
- Experience working with the Intelligence Community
- 7+ years of data engineering or data management experience
- Proficiency with major data sciences tools such as SQL, Python, R, and Git.
- Demonstrated experience with cleaning, management, optimizing performance and processing large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with industry best-practices for software-hardware optimization when processing large sets of data.
- Experience with machine learning, with statistical modeling , time-series forecasting , and/or geospatial analytics is preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark or other parallel storage/computing processes
- Experience with Computer programming (e.g., scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing) •
- Experience with Visualization (e.g., dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis)
- Experience with Python and some of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, CIC++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Experience with edge processing and hardware engineering preferred
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to display a positive, can-do attitude to solve the challenges of tomorrow
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top