Technical Intern - Software Engineer
- Rockville, MD
BAE Systems in Rockville, Maryland is seeking a talented intern with a background in computer science or software engineering to join our team! This internship will consist of maintaining a web-based application, which directly supports our client in the Engineering Management Branch (SP2015) for the US Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP).
The candidate will work closely with a team of analysts, software programmers and systems engineers to help drive the successful execution of software modernization solutions to our current engineering change management database, to include enabling the integration of data from multiple existing systems and sources; enhancing the digital experience to improve operation automation and service delivery.
You will be expected to:
- Communicate with colleagues and end-users to elicit requirements
- Help develop technical solutions with a small team to meet those requirements
- Provide user support for application issues
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program for Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or a related field
- Must have completed Sophomore year
- Solid basic computing skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for front-end web design and user experience design
- Ability to learn and apply mod_plsql and relational database design
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top