Technical Intern 3 – Systems Integration (Electrical / Mechanical)
BAE Systems in Rockville, Maryland is recruiting a cohort of 2017 Summer Interns in various technical fields including Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. In order to be eligible for these 3-month internships, applicants must complete their Junior year at an accredited 4-year university by May 2017.
Interns will be supporting the system integration contract for the D-5 TRIDENT II Missile System where they will have the opportunity to develop technical skills and expand their industry knowledge across a broad range of projects and tasks. Interns will be given the opportunity to contribute to existing cross-functional work teams as well as run their own projects (small intern teams focused on rapid implementation of technical solution sets).
Required Skills and Education
- - US Citizenship
- - Completed Junior year in an accredited 4-year university
- - Minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- - Majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field with extensive related coursework
- - Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- - Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- - Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio)
- - Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently
Preferred Skills and Education
- Previous work experience in a professional environment
- Experience with developing presentations and public speaking
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top