Technical Intern 3 - Data Analyst
- Roy, UT
BAE Systems is looking for a motivated, challenge seeking, and positive minded individual to assist in the application of data analytics to global supply chain data. The ideal candidate will perform data mining, interpretation, and reporting of analytical insights. Outputs of this effort will help inform decision making to reduce supply chain risk and minimize the impact of adverse events.
Tasking may include:
- Review of several disparate data sources
- Identification of key factors and indicators for analysis
- Implementation of analytic approaches to inform decision making
- Definition of repeatable methods and processes
- Validation of heuristic and learning approaches
- Documentation of proven processes
Our Intern Program offers current college students hands-on experience and development opportunities in technology, engineering, intelligence, and business.
In addition to on-the-job training, the Internship Program offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Opportunity for Future Employment
- Challenging and Meaningful Work
- Networking and Development Opportunities
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Coursework in Data Analysis, Political Science, and Supply Chain Management
- Prefer experience in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Logistics
- Familiarity with analytic tools such as Python, R, Tableau or similar
- Strong MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
- Effective documentation and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic as an individual and team member, time management skills
- Eligible for Government Clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top