Technical Intern 2 Chemical Engineering
The Technology Solutions Crystal Lab is seeking candidates for 2019 chemical engineering or material science summer internships. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, la nd and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with chemical synthesis of crystalline compounds and crystal growth.
Obtain working knowledge of company tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
- Perform chemical analysis by XRD and spectroscopic analysis (by FTIR) of infrared nonlinear optical crystals.
Support technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Participate in hands-on work in the laboratory as well as perform data acquisition and data analysis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
- Pursuing a BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Material Science (or equivalent), having completed two years of schooling (Class of 2021) by Summer 2019
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
• Ability to research and apply chemical engineering or material science principles and theories to solve crystal growth problems.
• Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
• Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top