Technical Expert - Networks
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world. We have more than 80 locations across the U.S. and in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Germany, Japan, Korea, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom .
We are seeking to hire a Network Engineering Technical Expert. The ideal candidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have at least eight (8) years in a large and complex IT environment providing industry and government recognized functional expertise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full lime computer science work that can substitute for the Bachelor's degree, and have at least eight years in a large and complex IT environment providing industry and government recognized functional expertise. A Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field may substitute for two (2) years experience. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates shall also have experience in:
- Expert level support to include physical installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and optimization of network routers, switches, load balancers, and security devices (Cisco-based)
- Experienced in system level design and architecture of enterprise security, datacenter virtualization, and CAN/MAN/LAN infrastructure
- Expert security enterprise boundary and datacenter architecture and design
- Create system diagrams and present high level presentations to management
- Experienced with packet capture software
- Ability to work in live call environment and utilize Remedy ticketing system for task tracking
- Security+ certification required
- Accepted professional certifications:
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
TS SCI with appropriate Poly required
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top