BAE Systems Platforms and Services is seeking a Technical Editor to support the Weapon Systems Program in Louisville, KY.
Edits and proofreads moderately complex technical documents, including technical manuals, ETMs/IETMs, miscellaneous reports, and proposals. Edits for grammar, spelling, clarity of expression, organization, conformance to company and government standards and specifications, and consistency of technical information (i.e., correct nomenclature, correct logic circuits, verify that text and art agree, etc.). Performs a quality check on final products for accuracy and completeness.
Coordinates with project lead to ensure publications or content is completed on time and project requirements are met. Tracks internal schedules of functional groups to ensure milestones are met. Communicates with internal and external customers to ensure projects meet objectives and requirements. Attends reviews and ensures customer comments and issues are resolved and incorporated into the technical documentation.
Additional duties may include training other editors in proper editing procedures and participation with testing of ETMs/IETMs.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education -High levels of communication skills to effectively communicate with customers.
- Edit documents for grammar, spelling, and clarity of expression.
- Coordinate production of projects.
- Engage in problem solving discussions with cross-functional team members.
- Analytical ability to understand complex technical documents for the purpose of editing and rewording documents while still maintaining the desired meaning.
- Substantial amounts of concentration and attention to detail to interpret and apply contract requirements to technical documents ensuring the content is accurate and consistent.
Preferred Skills and Education -Experience with markup languages including XML and/or SGML.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-38784 and S1000D.
- Experience supporting Technical Manual Validation, Logistics Demonstration, and/or Technical Manual Verification events (as Government, OEM or Contractor).
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top