Technical Director for Precision Guidance Solutions
BAE Systems – Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area has an immediate opening for a Technical Director for the Precision Guidance Solutions (PGS) Product Line. The Technical Director will help grow the PGS product line by applying BAE Systems’ broad technology base to fill real gaps that Department of Defense customers have in the area of smart weapons. This candidate will champion the technical direction of the product line.
Through working with business development and customer requirements advocates, this engineering role will work to identify real needs of the US Military.
This candidate will identify applications of current or future technologies and products to existing or new customers. Through clearly understanding these needs and requirements, this individual will lead investigations in how BAE Systems can most affordably offer potential solutions. Having a strong technical understanding of our offering, he/she can appropriately offer the “right” solution for the end user while understanding how it fits into the business area’s product strategy and technology roadmaps. Required Skills and Education Requires:
- BS and 10+ years related experience
- Active Secret security clearance
- Experience championing technical direction of a product line
- Experience in leading product road maps and driving technology development in the areas precision targeting and guidance systems
- Experience in weapons systems, missile systems design, or weapons systems performance analysis
- Experience in the area of systems engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Developing requirements in response to customer operational needs and maturing operational concepts
- Developing briefings, white papers, and analysis to support the business capture.
- Proven track record of customer engagement and relationship building
- Experience Supporting capture activities
- Experience in development activities trying to find the best value solutions for our customers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
Local candidates preferred.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- 5+ years of experience in weapons systems design, missile systems design, or weapons systems performance analysis
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the area of systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience in technology development in precision targeting and guidance system
- Knowledge of: US Army AMRDEC, US Air Force Research Lab (AFRL), US Naval Research Lab or other DoD research labs, US Army PEO Aviation, US Army PEO Missiles and Space, and other DoD procurement agencies
- Experience with Guidance and Control Systems and Seekers (Imaging, INS, RF)
- Experience with fielding a weapon system to the US Army, US Navy or US Air Force
- Experience with transitioning Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 4-6 capabilities to TRL 7-9 Experience in developing system architectures
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top