Talent Management Analyst / Data Scientist
The Workforce Intelligence Team @ BAE Systems is looking for a Data Scientist—Recruitment to help us gain better insights into the end-to-end Talent Acquisition (TA) process.
On the front end, this position will drive our digital analytics strategy across our talent acquisition (TA) web properties to help us understand site experience and potential candidates behavior. This individual is also responsible for helping us track, analyze and optimize our TA campaigns to inform employment advertising and branding activities and ROI. For converted candidates (those who have applied), the Data Scientist for Recruitment is responsible for understanding candidate, recruiter and hiring manager behavior. Through the creation of predictive models, forecasting tools, dashboards, and other reports and visualizations, this position will regularly assist our Sector TA teams in understanding the integrity of their candidate pipeline, predicted hire conversions, cost of hire, quality of hire, source of hire and otherwise be able to use the analysis to tell-a-story and provide insights into recruitment and candidate processes. This individual will also assist in monitoring ATS performance and partner with the Talent Operations team in improving workflows.
The Data Scientist is expected to leverage technology/software, statistical and web analytics tools and follow a documented, lab-like approach in experiment design from collecting/cleaning data sets, creating workflows, developing and executing tests, and the creation of models that are easily manageable and maintained. He/She should have a strong enough background in statistics so as to go through model selection via exploratory data analysis and then, selecting the best model and conducting model validation testing. He/She must have excellent communication and presentations skills and be able to explain high level statistical methods, analysis and models to those that do not have a background in mathematics or statistics.
In addition to creating and maintaining the models, the Data Scientist also needs to manage the analytics request process by capturing requirements from the requestor and creating and managing a project plan. Supports a collaborative team environment and a strong service culture that ensures delivery of efficient, effective, quality driven service to internal customers and meets customer service level agreements. Uses data driven HR business insights to provide solutions and recommendations to business partners and leadership across the Enterprise.
This position is part of the Workforce Analytics and Compliance (WAC) COE, an enthusiastic and highly productive team, where each employee has the opportunity to grow and make an impact. The WAC COE also provides a 9/80 schedule, an end-of-year week long paid shutdown and a 6% match, with immediate vesting, of 401(k) contributions . Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Great communication and presentation skills, especially to those with limited or no statistical or math background.
- Excellent applied statistical skills, that include, but not limited to:
- Ability to manipulate data using data science tools
- A knowledge of exploratory data analysis (i.e., how to make plots, discover patterns with visualizations, exploring assumptions, etc.)
- Ability to create hypothesis and explore possible solutions
- Skills to distinguish true from false patterns
- Experience with common data science tools (i.e., R Studio, Alteryx, Tableau, Python, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Microsoft BI, Qlickview, etc.)
- Proficient in query and/or programming language (i.e., SQL, Java, HTML, etc.)
- Understanding of recruitment data, metrics and applicant tracking systems (i.e. Kenexa, Taleo, etc.)
- Implement and customize web analytics and website optimization tools based on business needs, specifically Google Analytics
- Analyze and interpret large data sets from different sources, identifying opportunities and key customer
trends by utilizing Google Analytics and other analytics tools
Degree in math, statistics, engineering, I/O psychology, or related fields
About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top