Tac Air OPM I
This role will be a blended Operations Program Manager and Value Stream Specialist role in Canal Street classified factory. This person will be responsible for staying connected with the program needs for al of the Tac Air Programs (DEWS, EPAWSS and C130) and will be responsible for the day to day tasks required to support those programs.
This area support both production and development work with a large portion of the work begin related to test. This person will have to work with engineering and coordinate work across test equipment to make sure that both development and production needs are met. This will include capital capacity analysis as well as hiring and managing staff as appropriate.
Specific initiatives that will need to be lead in this area include leading a scheduled factory expansion project, and transitioning the production work onto Solumina route cards.
Traditional OPM roles that will need to be filled by this individual include supporting Operations project(s) management and serving as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Supporting project execution plan and identifying and hiring technical and business resources needed; managing schedules and preparing status reports. Assessing issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
Traditional VSS roles that will need to be filled by this person include managing test and assembly personnel, assuring that employees have required skills, clearances and training to do work; setting daily priorities; managing schedule, quality and cost; and supporting affordability and quality initiatives.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Technical Degree or proven technical experience and knowledge
- Experience with analyzing and managing program material and
- Experience with quality improvement and able to identify and
drive defect reduction opportunities
- Clearly be able to articulate priorities and provide concise
direction to include writing and presentation skills
- Development and implementation of project plans and schedules
- Ensure quality standards are met for delivered products
- Sets schedule/work priority within a team
- Drives the team to meet schedule/executes to the provided plan
- Resolves/Removes obstacles
- Assures job specific training for immediate needs and to mitigate limit resource capabilities
- costing analysis (hours per unit)
- factory tour set up
- Assure calibration / shelf life compliance
- Compliance to Electro-Static-Discharge and Foreign Object elimination requirements
- Overtime authorization and Paid time off oversight
- Work to partner with human resources to resolve personnel issues and concerns
- Processes personnel performance evaluations
- Assures safety/security compliance
- Promotes lean manufacturing
- Knowledge and command of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
- Goal orientated seeking manufacturing/operational excellence
Preferred Skills and Education Experience in at least one of the following, if not all: supply chain, manufacturing and/or process engineering
experience with Microsoft Excel, DSS, iPortal, PDM, Solumina, Data View applications
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top