Tac Air OPM I
Supports Operations project(s) management and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Supports project execution plan and identifies technical and business resources needed. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Responsibilities will also include:
1. Ensures Operations performance against the baseline program plan by managing the performance of all Operations functions assigned to a program including Engineering, Quality, Procurement, Planning and Manufacturing. Monitors quality, schedule and cost performance. Identifies and resolves performance problems.
2. Provides support between Operations and the Program Office for providing program status and resolving problems. Presents Operations status to customer, Program Management and/or Operations Management as required.
3. Coordinates preparation of Estimate to Complete/Latest Revised Estimates for all Operations functions by requesting input from appropriate Operations sources, reviewing data for completeness and accuracy of approach and negotiating changes. Ensures Operations input is completed and submitted on schedule and within budget.
4. Interfaces with the appropriate organization within Operations to ensure any changes which will impact assigned tasks have been appropriately communicated and addressed.
5. Ensures that Operations provides a competitively costed, accurate, supportable cost proposal within time and budget constraints as previously agreed to with the Proposal Manager.
6. Plans all Operations functions in a manner consistent with the Statement of Work negotiated with the customer and applicable Management Directives & Practices.
7. Supports Operations position during audits, fact finding and negotiation by participating with Program Manager in all phases to assure arbitrary concessions are not made. Calls on other Operations organizations to provide support as required. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience with analyzing and managing program material and
- Experience with quality improvement and able to identify and
drive defect reduction opportunities
- Clearly be able to articulate priorities and provide concise
direction to include writing and presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience in at least one of the following, if not all:
supply chain, manufacturing and/or process engineering
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top