BAE Systems, Inc. is searching for a Tableau Administrator to provide administration of the Tableau platform at the enterprise level which includes administrating the infrastructure, configure, manage and maintain the platform. This position is located in our Charlotte, NC (Ballantyne) office.
Monitor and ensure the environment is running and troubleshoot system wide issues and outages. Maintain the integrity of the environment by implementing standards and security. Key role in translating complex technical issues into business terms and collaborates with business partners to refine and facilitate prioritization of requirements to address the immediate business needs based on complexity of the technical solution environment. Work closely with project and support teams, Also should be comfortable working with teams in multiple locations and expected to work independently to plan and accomplish goals. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – 3+ years of experience in Tableau Administration.
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Experience in Tableau 9.0 and Higher
- Displays SQL knowledge and working knowledge of Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and Hadoop.
- Strong in writing and understanding complex calculated fields.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2012 R2
- Advanced knowledge working with MS Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Takes ownership and accountability of application supported by having thorough understanding of the application
- Responsible for Tableau environment administration
- Identify and improve infrastructure and processes. Ensure environments are stable and available.
- Administer and support tableau Infrastructure including upgrades, testing, security administration, license management, troubleshoot workbooks, performance monitoring and system maintenance.
- Coordinate/manage 3 rd party technical support independently with Vendors.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Test and explore new releases of Tableau Application and drivers
- Document best practices for Development and administration of the tableau Platform
- Maintaining Security and Create/manage users, Groups, Licenses and integrate with Active Directory
- Ability to train or coordinate business users to setup Site and Access policies.
- Ensure version control using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Manages production support activities for the applications. Defines, tracks and measures all key service level objectives associated with the applications.
Preferred Skills and Education – Technology related Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience, with evidence of exceptional ability.
- Dashboard design and development skill is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work without appreciable direction producing consistently exceptional work
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and document end-customer requirements
- Ability to create functional and technical specs and end-user documentation
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work non-standard hours when required
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to work with people and exhibit exceptional interpersonal, social, practical and diplomatic skills
- Knowledge of IT SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Ability to build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Knowledge of Human Resources, finance concepts
- Experience working in a virtual environment
About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top