Systems/Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2019)
- Intern will perform Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Office duties to include attending Innovation Expos and Technology Training
- Perform Software Engineering such as writing applications and deploying on servers
- Perform Systems Engineering such as model based systems engineering, testing, and writing results
- Present to senior leadership often on project status
In addition to on-the-job training, the I&S LEAP Internship Program offers:
Competitive Pay: Earn a competitive hourly wage, working full-time (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) through the run of the program (typically mid-May through August).
Opportunity for Future Employment: Many of our I&S interns return as interns and/or are hired on full-time after completing their degree.
Challenging & Meaningful Work: Your work will be challenging and impactful with on-the-job training and the opportunity to complete a summer project.
Networking and Development Opportunities: You will have the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships as you participate in workshops, mentor programs, presentations with senior leaders, and other networking and development events across the summer.
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship
- Engineering background
- Public speaking and presentation, critical thinking, self starter
- Systems Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology/Information Systems
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top