Systems Test Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Systems/Test Engineer to work on a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile, fast-paced development environment. The qualified candidate will support the development, integration, test and implementation of complex software services Commercial Cloud Services (C2S) environment. This system provides back-end services and user interfaces for intelligence data management and and incorporates internally developed, open source and third party applications and algorithms .
The primary tasks include the development of software test plans, test procedures and test cases as well as test execution and reporting of all test results for all required test activities. Assigned tasks may also include the development of Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) and user stories, backlog prioritization and management, technical documentation, sprint planning and customer engagement. Close interaction with other engineers within and across the scrum teams is required to achieve program objectives. Position may require occasional business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, test activities and customer meetings.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to perform requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- System integration and test on a Linux platform. Software installation, integration, checkout and test skills are also required
- Test automation experience or sufficient test scripting skills in a common scripting language such as Cucumber, Gherkin, Perl, Ruby or Python
- Familiar with Cloud computing environments such as AWS
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile objectives and iterative development schedules
- Ability to work with customers in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- Agile Systems Engineering and DevOps related experience
- Proficiency with Agile management tools (e.g., Jira, etc.)
- Familiarity with configuration management and test tools (e.g. Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of open, standards-based architectures, interfaces and geospatial data
- Familiarity with Intelligence domains and practices (e.g. SIGINT, GEOINT, etc.)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top