Systems Operations Administrator-Sr
The scope of work for the Systems Operations Administrator shall include performing all day-to-day routine system operational tasks such as disk reorganizations, system backup, monitoring, and maintaining concurrent system operations.
Additional Duties shall also include, but not be limited to:
- Performing PDA, laptop, desktop, and server configuration management and support;
- Using appropriate tools and methods to monitor, evaluate, resolve, and report Antitrust Network system and device problems, including server error detection, notification, and usage statistics;
- Managing and executing the Antitrust Network backup, file auditing, and virus protection strategies, including emergency restoration procedures;
- Providing technical support for specifying, installing, documenting, implementing, monitoring, and resolving problems in the Division’s telecommunication network systems;
- Configuration Management—Adhering to and updating documented Antitrust Network standards and procedures, managing the System Change Request process, ensuring that only authorized personnel make changes to the system configurations and that the appropriate personnel have approved the changes;
- Effecting change to add, delete, and modify user, printer, group, file accounts, rights, and permissions to support daily administration;
- Providing support before, during, and at the conclusion of remote trials or investigations.
- Configuring, installing, and upgrading existing operating system and application program software;
- Performing E-mail systems management.
- Performing out-of-hours system maintenance during the Division’s specified maintenance windows on the 1 st and 3 rd Friday each month from 9pm to 1am.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Duties, Knowledge, and Experience :
o Administration activities involved with utilizing:
o Symantec NetBackup
o MS Windows Systems Administration
o MS Active Directory
o Proven documentation and customer service communication skills.
o Bachelor’s (4-year) degree in an Information Systems, Engineering, or Computer Science discipline of study.
o Certifications in lieu of 4-year degree:
§ Microsoft Certified Systems Administration (MCSA)—Server 2008 or 2012
o Adjudicated Public Trust Level 6 (or ability to receive said EOD Waiver as a result of an SF85P+85P-S investigation)
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred and/or Supplemental Qualifications/Experience :
o Bachelor’s (4-year) degree.
o ITIL Foundations certifications
o Cloud computing technologies
o Security+ certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top