Systems Integration Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking Systems Integration Engineers to be part of our team. This position will be located in Wallops Island, VA working at the U.S. Navy's Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC). SCSC provides live combat systems suites with platform specific radars and sensors and supports the following functions: combat system lifetime support engineering, platform certification, operational and technical evaluation, combat system training, interoperability testing and participates in at-sea exercises. SCSC provides a high-fidelity representative combat system of every ship in the AEGIS and Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) fleet today and those planned in the future.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Navy's surface ship combat system programs in multiple warfare areas using system engineering disciplines.
The combat system engineering team combines system elements, associated equipment, firmware and software while leveraging the resources of key personnel to form a functional operational system. The responsibilities will include:
- Direct participation in the system development process with combat system design agent in the activation of current and future baselines
- Translate customer and design requirements into software or hardware solutions
- Perform technical planning, system integration, system verification, and validation
- Plan and design the physical installation requirements (e.g., provides power, cooling, space, weight, grounding data for hardware installations)
- Design interfaces for new equipment to existing systems or for reconfiguring systems to provide greater flexibility and capacity
- Ensures strict adherence to all mechanical and electrical hardware specifications
- Overall design and structure of the site's combat system interfaces and network switching to include internal and external interfaces
- Support validation of ship's combat system design through the site installation, integration and certification testing process.
- Participate in design reviews
Provide system Life Cycle support installing equipment upgrades and removing obsolete components to ensure the site's combat system configurations are current and support site test requirements.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top