Systems Engineering Technical Manager
BAE Systems FAST Labs is seeking experienced and driven engineering professionals to join our rapidly expanding engineering team that focuses on developing next generation technology.
If you are a technology driven individual who loves to develop cutting-edge systems, this is the career opportunity for you! The FAST Labs business area is the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems (ES) Sector of BAE Systems that helps drive research efforts for leading academic and DoD research organizations by iteratively building systems and demonstrations that show customers what is possible. FAST Labs matures those research prototypes into differentiators for ES, which has products fielded everywhere from the depths of the Earth's oceans to outer space.
Many engineers at FAST Labs have made significant contributions to projects for the nation's most prestigious research organizations including DARPA, Army Research Labs, NRL, and Air Force Research Labs.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Technical Staff Manager to join our Systems Engineering team. In the role, you will provide guidance, leadership, and management to a team of up to 20 engineers. You will also serve as a valued Engineering advisor to the Electronic Systems sector's Systems Engineering organization and FAST Labs business area.
The position requires strong interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as technical leadership as you will be a key leader and mentor in the department, employing leadership, presence, and influence to foster teamwork and execution. You will provide oversight of the execution of Systems Engineering principles and practices throughout all phases of the lifecycle, including process tailoring, architecture development and review, requirements development, design, integration and test, and transition to a product team.
- Group staffing, recruiting, and workforce planning
- Communicating flow-down
- Developing individual and group goals and objectives then c ollecting and providing performance feedback throughout the year
- Career mentoring including development of career and training plans
- Ensuring group members adhere to BAE's cultural principles, policies, and vision
- Tracking program execution through metrics and technical reviews
- Providing technical support to programs through proposal and cost estimation reviews, participation in independent design reviews, architecture review boards and other technical reviews
- Managing engineering initiatives
Required Skills and Education
- An active Secret clearance is required
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Proven Systems Engineering background and leadership skills with experience in all aspects of the system lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in communicating technical concepts
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top