Systems Engineering Lead
BAE Systems is seeking an experienced Systems Engineering manager to provide technical leadership to production programs in our Lexington Massachusetts facility. The individual selected for this position will be an experienced Systems Engineering Lead with demonstrated technical and leadership skills to support programs for the Precision Guidance and Sensing Solutions (PGSS) business area.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States.
The Engineer in this position will lead the system engineering effort to:
- Plan the System Engineering effort in accordance with internal process requirements.
- Review and understand system level requirements and determine compliance of the system.
- Monitor supplier component qualification tests to ensure requirements are met.
- Direct a small team in the system level testing .
- Review subassembly performance requirements documents and test requirements documents. Trace test requirements to performance requirements. Analyze the requirements for potential change/improvement to the production test process.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires BS in Engineering & 8 years in Engineering or Masters in Engineering & 6 years in Engineering.
- Proven Systems Engineering background and leadership skills with experience in system engineering management, cost account management, schedule management, risk management, requirements development, requirements decomposition, trades studies, and system integration and verification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in communicating technical concepts to Government labs.
- U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
Preferred EO/IR and image processing experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top