Systems Engineering Intern (Cybersecurity Focus) - Summer 2019
BAE Systems in Rockville, Maryland is recruiting a Systems Engineering Cybersecurity Intern to join a cohort of 2019 Summer Interns in various technical fields related to Systems Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, etc.). In order to be eligible for this 3-month internship, applicant must complete their Junior year at an accredited 4-year university by May 2019 .
Selected candidate will support cybersecurity tasking on the system integration contract for the D-5 TRIDENT II Missile System where they will have the opportunity to develop technical skills and expand their industry knowledge supporting DoD cybersecurity initiatives.
Required Skills and Education
1. US Citizenship
2. Completed Junior year at an accredited 4-year university
3. Minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
4. Majoring in Computer Science / Computer Engineering with extensive coursework related to Cybersecurity (technical understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance)
5. Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
7. Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio)
8. Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to work independently
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top