Systems Engineering Intern
BAE Systems Platforms & Services has openings for Systems Engineering Interns to support the Combat Vehicles program in Sterling Heights, MI.
Systems Engineering Intern to work in multi-disciplinary team environment performing systems engineering tasks for military vehicle development programs. Responsibilities include aiding requirements development, Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) management, risk assessments, and trade study documentation.
- Support technical specification development, at component, subsystem, and system levels, by analyzing and interpreting product performance specifications to ensure appropriate requirement flow down, allocation, and traceability.
- Aid in Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) analysis for vehicle platforms
- Interpret specifications, technical documentation, and/or test deliverables to evaluate requirement conformity.
- Work with Integrated Product Teams to understand and document requirements compliance, verification, and validation throughout the products life cycle.
- Assist in the definition, documentation, and management of interfaces between assigned sub-system and components (thermal, signal, data, etc.).
- Support trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results .
- Complete work assignments in a thorough, consistent, and punctual manner
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Adhere to company and professional ethics governing the handling of confidential information and the observation of confidentiality.
Required Skills and Education Required Education:
Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a master’s degree in Systems Engineering, or other closely related field of study.
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Have knowledge necessary to write and assess requirement validity
- Familiarity with databases, such as DOORS
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Systems thinking skills (i.e., ability to work at detailed level but understand system level implications)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Skills and Education About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top