Systems Engineer - Tactical Vehicles
Position will support an integration program involving military ground tactical vehicles including M-ATV, MaxxPro Family of Vehicles (FoV), RG-31 platforms, and other tactical vehicles. Position will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all systems engineering, integration design, and prototype efforts and requirements.
Position will involve the following tasking:
1. Performs specific professional technical assignments of an investigatory, design or test nature requiring limited analysis and evaluation, selection and application of basic engineering principles, theories and techniques.
2. Coordinates the investigation, development and testing where overall operational, space, functional and similar design requirements have been specified. Designs or selects available designs to meet requirements. Evaluates merits of design with higher skilled engineers. Acquires familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards.
3. Provides directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions to subordinates or junior engineering personnel.
4. Instructs and directs the work of technicians, if assigned.
5. Prepares charts, diagrams and reports expressing technical progress and accomplishments measured against specific plans.
6. Begins to develop areas of specialization and maintains cognizance of scientific and technological developments in the field.
7. Coordinates C4I integration activities to ensure consistency across work teams.
8. Interfaces directly with project and program management, Government technical staff and Customers, and vehicle OEM field service representatives to provide status and progress reports, identify issues and determine appropriate resolution actions.
9. Documents all integration issues and recommends solutions for resolution.
10. May oversee and coordinate efforts of other engineering, testing, prototype, and quality staff.
11. Preforms other duties and responsibilities as required. Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends. May work second or third shift.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is located in Summerville, SC. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Willingness to relocate one’s self is required and is required to be clearly stated in resume to be considered. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Active U.S. government security clearance
- Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government Common Access Card (CAC)
- Ability to gain access to Joint Base Charleston and Government work sites
- Must have at least six (6) years of experience in the development, modification, prototyping, integration, test or systems engineering of Navy C4I systems, MRAP, UAH, CONDOR communication suites, or related C4ISR systems and subsystems.
- Must have at least two (2) years of the last three (3) years of experience associated with the development, testing, and analysis of Navy C4I systems, TEG, GCCS, USMC C4I systems or related C4ISR systems/subsystems, especially in the area of command, control, communications, and computers.
- Experience in development of technical data package documentation, including block wiring diagrams, cable assembly drawings, installation drawings, and integration manuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of configuration management for development and integration programs.
Preferred Skills and Education · Prior experience in integration of systems into military tactical vehicles
- Familiarity with integration and testing of AN/VRC-92, -103, -104, -110, -114, BFT, VIC, DVE, CVRJ, DUKE, and RWS systems into tactical vehicles
- Experience with PDM systems such as Windchill
- Process improvement experience
- Familiarity with CMMI and ISO Quality Standards About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top