Systems Engineer (SME)
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team!
This role provides technical expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation.
This role supports software systems development, including documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation.
This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team.
This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
- Responsible for end to end development environments
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Utilize experience with SolarWinds including installation and configuration to improve implementation and address evolving system needs.
- Leverage AWS experience (creating CloudFormation scripts, automate processing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, etc) in the development and hosting of system monitoring solutions
- Leverage experience with Nagios installation and configuration to remove gaps in system monitoring capabilities
- Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
- Support training Help Desk, Tier 2, and application development teams in the usage of system monitoring solutions .
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Rotate between O&M to Dev Ops roles as required for Agile processes
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- System design and development
- Integration of systems
- Experience with system monitoring COTS products
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
- Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
- Typically requires Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top