Systems Engineer (SME)
- Reston, VA
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be a part of the team that solves some of the world's most complex technical challenges. Are you one of the many who finds solving Security challenges personally rewarding? The Intelligence and Security Sector is searching for a Systems Engineer.
- This role provides technical expertise and collaboration across an Agile team to ensure system application requirements and user stories are ready for implementation.
- This role supports software systems development, including documenting system application requirements, system interfaces, and data sources; and, supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation.
- This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed requirements and actionable user stories to be delivered by the entire team.
- This role coordinates with the Scrum Master to prioritize user stories that realize customer requirements.
- Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- This role is responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding.
- Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Candidate must have BS and a minimum of 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top