Systems Engineer Principal Electronic Warfare
Ready to make a difference? Our employees develop, build and work on the world's most advanced electromagnetic spectrum operations systems - detecting, locating and countering threats for joint and international aircrew. We develop highly sophisticated digital Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and we are looking for motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in Electronic Attack (EA) to join cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. Key EW program objectives are to improve/enhance air vehicle survivability, through the abilities to detect, deny, deceive, degrade and/or disrupt adversaries Integrated Air Defenses. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future, and you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Come build your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new EA capabilities for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing ONE of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Reviews, develops and documents EW system level operational concepts and mission statements.
b. Develops and evaluates complex RF system designs and architectures.
c. Analyze, develop and test EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geolocation algorithms.
e. Performs Threat Analysis to develop EW capabilities.
f. Performs system level integration and test of EW systems.
g. Performs lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
h. Verifies complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Specific skills within the Electronic Attack (EA)/Electronic Warfare Support (ES) divisions of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Understanding of Surface and Airborne Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Protection (EP).
- Experience with the offensive (stand-off/escort) and/or offensive (self-protection) EA systems.
- Experience with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- Understanding of radar signal processing techniques including EP.
- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- Understands RWR and SIGINT systems.
Preferred Skills and Education
- B.S. Electrical Engineering with classes leading to an M.S. in either Systems or Electrical Engineering
- Active United States security clearance, preferably Top Secret
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top