Systems Engineer - Military Modernized GPS
- Cedar Rapids, IA
BAE Systems is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Entry-Level Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for designing, developing, and testing of industry-leading navigation products.
In our Navigation & Sensor Solutions SATNAV Systems department, you will become part of a Systems Engineering and Integration Team developing Modernized M-Code GPS Receivers for ground and weapons defense programs. The team is responsible for the complete systems product development process including requirements analysis and capture, design, integration and product verification including operations and customer support. Developing military GPS products with the latest technology and maintaining our legacy receivers, this systems engineering team works closely with hardware and software development teams during the development process as well as in GPS labs to integrate and test products using equipment to facilitate live and simulated signals and environments.
Specific responsibilities of this position span all phases of system product development for modernized GPS receivers including systems requirements analysis, definition and validation; system architecture design; hardware/software integration and requirements verification testing; system modeling and simulation; coordination among systems, hardware, ASIC and software design functions as well as developing engineering documentation.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline and 2 years work/equivalent experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required)
- Effective communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- A desire to participate on a results-oriented, product development team
- Be highly motivated; self-directed; and able to balance multiple tasks
- Technical aptitude and professionalism
- Effectively interact and build trust with team members from many different backgrounds, including engineering management and engineering teams
- Must excel working in a team environment and establishing collaborative relationships with coworkers.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with team members, leadership, and customers.
- Must have the desire to participate on a results-oriented engineering team, be highly motivated, and be self-directed.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of or experience with Lean-Agile principles and Agile Teams.
- Experience with system requirements capture, design, and decomposition
- Experience with systems integration and verification testing
- Familiar with Engineering Development tools (e.g., DOORS, JIRA, Matlab, Simulink, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of GPS signal processing.
- Experience with modern software languages (e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Python, perl, etc.)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top