Systems Engineer III/IV
BAE Systems is seeking a dynamic engineer to work with the Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer. This individual will be a Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) Space-Based systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the SBIRS and Weather Enterprise programs in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support enterprise integration activities for SMC/RS space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements to identify and support the management of risks, issues, and interdependencies, identifying disconnects between integration products (schedules, risks, contracts, etc). The candidate will develop and evaluate action plans for resolution and assist the Government in executing selected solutions. Candidate should have experience with space systems, ground and space system acquisition, and systems engineering experience. Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective integration across space and ground, hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations within the Enterprise.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the SMC/RS Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risk data throughout the system lifecycle as well as developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Providing analysis of Failure Review Boards (FRB) and anomaly responses recommended by the prime contractors.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective SMC/RS systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. BS in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Math, Physics, or similar.
- Motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- 5+ years of demonstrated system engineering experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of a DoD program with proven delivery record.
- Candidate should have experience with Space systems, Weather systems, OPIR systems, ground and space system acquisition, and systems engineering experience.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organizational skill.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Weather and/or SBIRS-specific experience highly desirable.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top