Systems Engineer II
Systems Engineer – 9B
Note: Yok, PA is preferred location for this position and candidates from other sites will be considered.
Systems Engineer to work in multi-disciplinary team environment performing systems engineering tasks for military vehicle development programs. Responsibilities include requirements development, Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) management, risk assessments, and trade study documentation.
- Develop component level performance specifications by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS database tool (specifications could include mechanical or electronic components such as engine, ventilation fan, turret control box)
- Manage Size, Weight, Power, Cooling and Cost (SWaP-CC) for vehicle platforms
- Create requirements traceability in DOORS database
- Work with Integrated Product Teams to understand and document requirements compliance.
- Define interfaces between assigned sub-system and components (thermal, signal, data, etc.).
- Support development of architecture using model based systems engineering tools.
- Develop trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Education:
Must have bachelor degree from an accredited university in engineering with the following experience:
2+ Years’ experience with BS OR 0+ Years’ experience with MS
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Have knowledge necessary to write requirements specifications (subsystem and component).
- Familiarity with databases, such as DOORS
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environment
- Systems thinking skills (i.e., ability to work at detailed level but understand system level implications)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- Experience with military vehicle systems is preferred.
- Model based systems engineering experience, such as SysML experience .
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top