Systems Engineer II
Immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to serve as a Risk Manager for the Air Force Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program. The candidate will ensure engineering activities comply with GBSD Program risk management requirements and established engineering practices in order to meet program risk management commitments.
Provides technical expertise and guidance in solving complex engineering problems. Capable of determining appropriate use of technologies in solving engineering and risk management problems. Provides technical support of all phases of design analysis, development, integration and implementation.
Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
The candidate will specifically have responsibilities to:
- Administer the Risk, Issues and Opportunities Management Plan for the GBSD Program
- Implement associated improvements
- Facilitate a Government-approved risk management process.
- Track risk mitigation milestones in the IMS for system, subsystem/segment, and key project risks.
- Conduct Risk Management Working Groups and Boards.
- Present status and metrics of risks and the risk process at the risk boards and Program Management Reviews.
- Facilitate and contribute to GBSD Risk Management Process; recommend retirement of risks when warranted; track watch items; assess and present candidate risks to the Risk Management Board.
- Assess risks, issues and opportunities related to achievement of Program operational capabilities within required cost, schedule, and performance.
- Recommend solutions, mitigations, or alternatives, through the risk, issue and opportunity management process.
- Coordinate with development contractor risk processes and assess performance of development contractors’ risk and opportunity management processes.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Three (3) yrs directly related experience (two yrs with an MS Degree) in systems integration and analysis of military hardware and software systems/processes.BS/MS Engineering, Computer Science, Software, Mathematics, or Physics. Preferred Skills and Education Previous ICBM and Risk Management Experience. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top