Systems Engineer (Eng II)
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer II for our Endicott, NY site.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
We are looking for candidates who will perform System Engineering activities such as developing and managing systems level requirements, originating design concepts, performing systems level integration/test and assisting in systems validation for complex avionics control systems.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
1. Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
a. Develop, allocate and manage moderately complex systems level requirements.
b. Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Research and develop moderately complex systems designs and architectures.
d. Develop and analyze simple algorithms.
e. Prepare and/or review documentation for simple systems designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
f. Perform system/product integration.
g. Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
h. Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards.
2. May support various specialty-engineering tasks; such as Reliability(FMEA/FMECA), Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support, Failure Analysis, Safety Engineering, and Training Development for moderately complex portions of the system.
3. May support site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
4. May assist with causal analysis and resolution activities.
5. Possess an understanding and demonstrated knowledge of basic systems engineering tools.
6. Prepare and/or deliver basic customer and technical presentations.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
6+ Years experience with High School
4+ Years experience with Associates Degree
2+ Years experience with Bachelors Degree
0+ Years experience with Masters Degree
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in avionics or electronic control related development (3+years) including familiarity with avionic interfaces and data buses.
- Technical writing skills. Capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integration and verification testing of electronic equipment including hardware/software.
- Experience with development of requirements a plus;
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management tools (i.e. Synergy) greatly beneficial;
- Familiar with data bus protocols (e.g. PCIe, Ethernet, Arinc 429, Mil_std 1553) a bonus;
- Experience with development of formal verification procedures an added value.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top