Systems Engineer - Cyber Security
- Cedar Rapids, IA
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35
pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of
tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put
our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be
a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for a Systems Engineer with a passion for engineering and the desire to be part of an innovative, dedicated team responsible for industry-leading Global Positioning Systems (GPS) products. Our team desires passionate security engineers interested in architecting, designing, and developing secure navigation products. As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities to perform security requirements analysis, develop security architecture and design, perform security analysis, and develop security artifacts to obtain security certification and approval of GPS products.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of information assurance and security engineering principles involving communications and/or navigation security, network security, computer security, and key management and other areas of information assurance
- Responsibilities will span all phases of system development life cycle (requirements capture, design, implementation, integration, and verification)
- Candidate must have experience with Certification and Accreditation processes such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), DIACAP, and/or NSA Type 1 certification
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills and will be responsible for working with a large team involved in the implementation of security solutions that will be embedded in Mission Systems products
- Candidate must have held or be able to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance (at a minimum)
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in a appropriate discipline and 4+ years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in an appropriate discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 8+ years of relevant experience are required.
- High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
- Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software applications
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- A genuine desire to learn and innovate
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top