Systems Engineer - Communications
BAE Systems is looking for a Communications Systems Engineer that will be involved in developing, integrating and testing complex communication systems.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working on a team of engineers (Hardware, Software and Systems) on communications related programs.
- Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
- Problem solving in a real time complex embedded system environment
- Requirement analysis / management for complex communication system
- Evaluate or develop complex system designs and architectures
- Develop Functional Performance and Qualification test plans and/or procedures
- Write Functional Performance and Qualification test reports
- Contributor to a major customer review (SRR, PDR, CDR, and/or TRR)
- Performs system level integration and test of complex real time embedded system
- Verify complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements
- Support external testing (e.g., Range test, Flight test, etc)
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in performing integration and test on complex real time embedded system
- Requirements Management / Analysis experience
- Defect Data Base tracking tools
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS), GreenHills, and/ or VxWorks/Wind River
- Experience with Agilent and Tektronix equipment
- Familiarity with any communications protocol or with JTRS waveforms such as Link-16, TTNT, WNW, SRW, SINCAGARS, EPLRS, etc
- Familiarity with IP/Networking/VLANs.
- Experience in setting up complex test stations utilizing tools such as Agilent and Tektronix test equipment
- Experience in environmental qualification testing and environmental stress screening
- Proficient in a high level programming language such as C or C++
- Proficient in a Requirements Management tools such as DOORS
- Masters Degree
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top