- Colorado Springs, CO
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer for Combat Mission Systems Support (CMSS) Services. The successful candidate will lead the identification of requirements in support of system upgrades to enable Ao reporting. Leads assigned system engineering tasks following the documented SEMP, development, integration and test, configuration management, security and quality processes. Serves as a technical task lead. Adheres with documented development, maintenance, configuration management, security and quality processes.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or related field plus 4 year relevant experience (2+ years with a Masters).
Four years' experience in Systems Engineering for Space or Missile Systems, Advanced Systems Development, Ground Systems or Space Operations.
- This position requires an active final clearance upon hire date. The applicant must also be able to maintain their security clearance for the position.
Coursework and/or experience (1 - 2 years) in systems engineering
Familiarity with model-based system engineering (Rhapsody or MagicDraw)
Knowledge of a Requirements Management System such as DOORS
Knowledge of these tools; MS Project, Clearquest/Jira, PDM
Knowledge and understanding of SATCOM fundamentals
Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contributes to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top