BAE is looking to hire a Systems Engineer to work in our Endicott, NY facility.
In this role, the candidate will be developing and managing systems level requirements, originating design concepts, developing algorithms, performing systems level integration/test and assisting in systems validation for complex avionics control systems. An individual at this level should begin demonstrating the leadership ability to lead small work groups or program teams.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
- Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
- Develop, allocate and manage complex systems level requirements.
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures.
- Develop and analyze algorithms.
- Prepare and/or review documentation for simple systems designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
- Perform system/product integration.
- Verify and validate aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards.
- May support various specialty-engineering tasks; such as Reliability, Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support, Failure Analysis and Safety Engineering tasks for complex systems.
- May support site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
- May assist with causal analysis and resolution activities.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
Endicott, located in the Greater Binghamton area, is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York's top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in related engineering discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in avionics or electronic control related development including familiarity with avionic interfaces and data buses.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integration and verification testing of electronic equipment including hardware/software.
Experience with any of the following is a plus, but not required:
- Experience with flight critical fly-by-wire Flight Controls, Actuators, Air Data Systems, Pilot Inceptors, Inertial Sensors and/or Autopilot systems.
- Experience with development and management of requirements.
- Familiar with data bus protocols (1553, Arinc 429, RS232/485, CDN or AFDX).
- Working knowledge of high-order programming languages (C, C++, Ada).
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C, ARP4754 or DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management tools.
- Experience with development of formal verification procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead small working groups.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top