This position shall be located at our Minneapolis site.
In close coordination with the Project Lead or Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead and the Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Lead, the Systems Engineer supports the execution of Systems Engineering, Integration and Test activities on the program. Applies advanced knowledge of Systems Engineering principles and practices to develop innovative solutions to complex technical problems. Works with others on multidisciplinary design teams to satisfy project technical, performance, cost, schedule, and quality requirements in accordance with Systems Engineering methodology.
Specifically, the Systems Engineer:
- Applies systems approach and product life cycle knowledge, resolves conflicting individual disciplines and requirements to benefit the total system performance, quality, reliability, and cost.
- Applies engineering principles and disciplines, includes customer understanding, product knowledge and specialty technology areas to achieve results.
- Synthesizes customer or product requirements into system, subsystem, and component requirements consistent with the system's architecture. This includes analysis, management, validation, allocation, and tracking of requirement artifacts and their verification methods and events through all phases of the product life cycle.
- Conceptualizes, coordinates, and documents systems architectures to ensure technical outcomes are consistent with customer and company requirements.
- Conducts trade analyses of concepts, designs, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Establishes and controls inter and intra-system interfaces.
- Ensures that specialty engineering areas including reliability, maintainability, testability, safety, human factors, and information assurance are adequately considered and balanced in design decisions.
- Supports System Integration including design integration, Simulation Emulation Stimulation (SES), HW/SW integration, Regression testing, and Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) testing.
- Supports systems test from development through final acceptance– Verifying that the system meets its requirements, and validating that the system performs in accordance with the customer/user expectations.
- Identifies and reports project issues and risks, assesses technical impacts, helps formulate mitigation plans, and tracks progress.
- Identifies, monitors and reports KPPs, TPMs, SWAP-C and other system metrics.
- Prepares, presents, and defends project technical results and recommendations to internal and external customers. Plans, supports, and participates in internal reviews including peer reviews, technical/design reviews, and program reviews. Participates in formal technical reviews with customer.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Systems Engineering discipline, industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization's technical capabilities. Advises senior management on new developments and programs. Continuously strives to maintain and enhance the technical reputation of BAE Systems with customers and industry.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top