- Augusta, GA
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The BAE Systems team is looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer with an emphasis on requirement analysis, and systems design & test activities in a Government program environment. This position is support for both dedicated Systems Engineering roles as well as short term analysis of alternatives, proposal, and proactive customer engagements.
This role requires broad and deep technology knowledge combined with the ability to help create solutions to address the customer requirements. The individual must be able to identify, analyze, design and document solutions as well as diagnose and identify potential performance and security related issues. The role requires a technically strong individual who has demonstrated skill in the design and deployment of enterprise class solutions.
Required Skills and Education
• 6 years experience in IT Systems Engineering
• Demonstrated technical & leadership experience
• Familiarity with virtualization cloud environment
• Strong knowledge of Systems Engineering processes
• Motivated, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
• Relevant Certifications:
- ITIL Foundations IT Infrastructure Library;
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional;
- Agile Development Certifications (e. g. SAFe, Scrum XP, Lean, etc...)
- INCOSE Certifications International Council on Systems Engineering
- PMP Project Management Professional
• Experience with Cloud Computing Architecture and Implementation (e. g. Nutanix AHV, AWS, C2S, Azure)
• Familiarity with security related technologies, e.g., IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, ACLs, RBAC, ABAC
• Experience with Intelligence/DoD Agencies
• Experience with Thick Client / Thin Client Architectures
• Familiarity with Virtualization (i. e. Microsoft, VMware, Citrix)
• Familiarity with ICD 503 Risk Management Framework
• DOD 8570 certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top