Systems Anst Sr
The Support Analyst/Level II Navy Qualified Validator is responsible for assisting in ensuring that all Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) enterprise networks and systems are in compliance with applicable Security Controls per the Department of the Navy (DON) RMF. The analyst must have a thorough understanding of RMF and basic familiarity with IT/network technologies. The incumbent must be a U.S. Citizen, have a SECRET security clearance, and also have a Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) IAM level II certification. This person will support the SSP Command Information Officer (CIO) and work directly with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), serve as a member of the SSP Assess and Authorize (A&A) team, and perform the following:
(1) Become familiar with the system/site by reviewing the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Plan; identify any issues with the Security Plan and Procedures; execute the Validation Plan and Procedures; review POA&Ms; develop Risk Assessments.
(2) Assist SSP Fully Qualified Validators with conducting audits of SSP networks and systems and Contractor CCRI to ensure they adhere to Navy A&A policies.
(3) Keep abreast of and provide the CIO and SSP A&A team updated information on Navy RMF policies and procedures. Review DoD, DON, SSP IA/CS-related documentation (i.e., data calls, STIGs, CTOs, etc.).
(4) Be comfortable conducting independent security control assessments in accordance with NIST SP 800-53, 800-53A, CNSSI 1253, and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) described in NIST SP 800-37.
(5) Clearly articulate requirements and other information in written documentation such as Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, Business Impact Analysis, etc.
(6) Provide eMASS administration (i.e., create and edit accounts, support and provide guidance to SSP eMASS users, etc.).
(7) Serve as member of the FBM Partner IA Audit team responsible for reviewing partner connection architecture, DMZ, STIGs, Validation Reports, vulnerability scans, POA&M, documentation, physical security, etc.
(8) Demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills: multitasking, working individually and with a team, having a positive attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, being trustworthy, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, and being able to handle stress in a professional manner.
(9) Maintain SSP Cybersecurity web page.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top