Systems Administrator – Test Lab
WE ARE CREATING THE FOREMOST SECURE DESKTOP CLOUD IN USA. COME JOIN US!
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about!
The role of a Lead Systems Administrator for the Test Lab (Principal) is to serve as the program’s lead for all efforts relating to both internal program and customer testing of applications in a Test Environment for the Program. The position directly interfaces with internal program organizations (Engineering, Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operations) as well as resources from multiple customer to tailor test environments specific to the customer’s testing requirements. This person manages a small staff in a Test Lab to run pre-feasibility, endurance, design, verification and operational performance tests in accordance with test procedures.
- Oversees the efforts of other Systems Administrators assigned to the Test Lab
- Work with engineering, Security, and Service Transition staff, as well as the customer, to configure the Test Lab for execution of customer-specific Use Cases or Test Plans, including connectivity to Customer LAN, WAN, or CAN
- Configure hardware that supports a powerful scale-out data fabric for storage, compute and virtualization. Management and Control will be natively integrated into the VM solution. From a virtualization perspective, tasks include optimizing the HW and SW to provide the following functionality within the Test Environment:
o One-click VM operations, including create, delete, update, power, pause/resume, snapshot, and clone VMs
o Image management: Convert and upload disk / ISO images to HA clusters for simplified deployments
o Cross-Hypervisor Migration to migrate VMs between virtual environments running different hypervisors easily.
o Automated HA to failover virtual machines from one node to another without downtime
o Live migration of virtual machines across the cluster in the Test environment
o Integrated software defined networking, like virtual distributed switches, for IP address management
- Configuration of Lab Resources for functional and performance test scripts scenarios in support of integrated multi-platform systems with local or Cloud storage
- Configuration of lab resources for system stress testing, internal/external connectivity, and SLA verification
- Management of Test Lab schedules, including deconfliction efforts and non-standard work hour support
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network
- In conjunction with customer resources, develop Test Cases and Test Execution scenarios, including requirements decompositions, requirements verification and performance testing
- Support end user testing, regression testing and software/system level testing by optimizing a wide variety of Thin and Thick Clients in a VDI environment
- Advise of any identified deficiencies in testing, documenting and participating in the implementation of corrective actions.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top