Systems Administrator - Principal
- Augusta, GA
At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing the U.S. Army Cyber Command with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber security, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. The cyberspace domain is one of the most critical areas of national defense. It is a field that requires the most highly trained, professional, and knowledgeable people available. Join us and learn what inspired work is all about.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a junior system administrator to improve their skill set while supporting a growing program.
The duties of the role include but are not limited to:
• Serves as an escalation point for Service Desk.
• Serve as technical representative for Internal and External Coordination of the day-to-day operations.
• Advises management on situations that may require additional support or escalation.
• Monitors and remediates any system health concerns of systems within the production environment.
• Supports maintenance and updates of configuration or recovery documentation for designated systems
• Supports improvement of performance and availability standards of the technical solutions through continual service improvement.
• Supports compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements.
• Ensure problems, error conditions, and system events are promptly and appropriately addressed.
• Receives On the Job training, as needed.
After hours on-call support may be required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
2+ years of technical experience in the following areas:
• Server administration/maintenance.
• Day-to-Day sustainment of a classified environment.
• System administration of Microsoft based solution.
• Experience with Virtualization or Cloud technologies (VmWare ESXi, Hyper-V, Azure, etc) including; back-end infrastructure.
• Candidate must be an effective communicator with a team focused and collaborative attitude.
• DOD 8570 certification
IAT Level II
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Possess one of the following certifications: MCITP; MCSA; MCSE; MCSA; MCTS.
• Experience supporting or maintaining:
- Dell Networking Appliances, Nutanix (AHV), SCMM (2016 preferred)
- Microsoft Server (2016 R2 preferred)
- Microsoft DHCP/DNS Server
- Active Directory
- SQL Database
- PowerShell Scripting
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top